Introducing “Quest: Building Capacity for LGBTQA+ Inclusion,” our new LGBTQA+ core curriculum.
n. an act or instance of seeking
n. a long journey
v. to search or to search for
Quest: Building Capacity for LGBTQA+ Inclusion is the LBGT Resource Center’s core curriculum.
This program is designed to encourage the growth and development of ally skills and practices over time by providing a greater variety of educational programs and workshops at varying levels and on specific topics and identities. The title of the program was selected to highlight the journey that is required for all of us as life-long learners committed to a more just world.
The Quest Program Includes:
- Quest I: Foundations is the introductory workshop that covers key concepts. It is presented in two formats:
- A 2.5 hour in-person workshop that is currently available
- An online six-module web-course that will be released in August 2020.
- Quest II: Developing Ally Skills is the advanced workshop and focuses on individual allyship skills. Quest II will be released in summer 2020 and is delivered in-person. Completion of Quest I is a prerequisite.
- Quest: Building Capacity is our teams based workshop and will be released in fall 2020. It is delivered in-person and to groups, teams, and departments. Completion of Quest I is a prerequisite.
- Quest: Topics is a series of in-person topic based workshops. At least one Quest: Topics program will be hosted each semester and can be requested for departments, teams, or groups.
- Current workshops include the Understanding Pronouns workshop and Understanding Trans and Nonbinary Identities.
What can I expect from the Quest Program?
- Multiple modular on-line trainings, including a tracked training and stand-alone shorter trainings on relevant topics, like pronouns.
- Tiered programs to continue learning and growing.
- Topics-based workshops about specific identities and topics in the LGBTQA+ community.
- Workshops and trainings for specific campus populations.
- More content on trans identity, ace/aro identity, and QTPOC.
- A shift toward capacity building for building an LGBTQA+ inclusive campus for organizations, groups, and departments.