Student Resources

If you are a faculty or staff member looking for support, please contact the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).


If you are in crisis and needing immediate assistance…

During business hours, go to the MSU Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS) in Olin Health Center on the 3rd floor.  The Counseling Center is open during the winter break when the University is open. Call 517-355-8270 for more information.  MSU Students have access to MySSP, which provides a 24-hour mental health support via online chat, phone, or app.

You may also call Tri-County Community Mental Health at (800) 372-8460, the Trevor Project at (866)4-U-TREVOR, or the Trans Lifeline at (877) 330-6366. These three organizations operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you are not in crisis…

The LBGT Resource Center is dedicated to your holistic wellness and success!  To that end, our staff is always here to support you.  You can either walk in to the Center, or schedule an appointment with a staff member one-on-one.

Fill out this form to get in touch with a staff member about your support needs:

Student Support Form

Student Support Form