Are you looking for a job this academic year? Come work as a Student Assistant at the LGBT RC for the 2019-2020 Academic Year!
Position: LBGT Resource Center Student Assistant
Academic Year 2019-2020
Student Assistants are an important part of the Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, and Transgender Resource Center (LBGT RC). The LBGT RC Student Assistant will report to the Assistant Director of the LBGT RC. The position will be between 10-15 hours a week. Some evening and weekend hours required. This position will serve from August 2019 – May 2020, with the opportunity to reapply reoccurring academic years. The Student Assistant will be responsible for regular LBGT RC functions, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Greeting incoming visitors and fielding questions
- Answering phones and taking messages for staff
- Developing and facilitating social and educational programs
- Collaborating with other Student Assistants on tasks
- Providing general assistance to all staff in the LBGT Resource Center, as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by their supervisor
- Programming/event planning experience
- An interest in working toward MSU policy change that supports LGBTQA+ students
- An interest in assessment and using findings to improve services
- Basic knowledge of LGBTQA+ issues and experiences
- Customer service skills
- Willingness to learn
- Communication and problem solving skills
- Students who qualify for work study are preferred, but not required
Required Application Materials
- Please address the following prompts in a one page cover letter that you will submit along with your resume.
- How would you approach planning a large scale event? What are major considerations during the event planning process?
- What are some major issues facing LGBTQA+ students on campus? What role do you see the LBGT Resource Center having in addressing these issues?
- What are your motivations for applying to be a Student Assistant in the LBGT Resource Center?
The Student Assistant position starts out at $9.45 working between 10-15 hours a week.
Please have all materials addressed to Oprah Jrenal and emailed to email@example.com by Sunday, July 14th at 11:59pm.06.25.19