The MSU LBGT Resource Center offers a variety of reading materials (including novels, non-fiction, reference books, zines, and movies) related to the LBGTQ community. Below is a link to our online library catalog. Feel free to stop by the Center and check something out!
Take a look at our online Catalog on Library Thing
Some of the books you can find in the Center library:
- Whipping Girl: a Transsexual Woman on Sexism and the Scapegoating of Femininity, by Julia Serano. A touchstone work of trans-feminism!
- It Gets Better: Coming Out, Overcoming Bullying, and Creating a Life Worth Living, by Dan Savage. A self-help book for LGBTQ adolescents and young adults.
- She’s Not There: A Life in Two Genders, by Jennifer Finney Boylan. A notable memoir of a transgender woman’s transition.
- Annie on My Mind, by Nancy Garden. A young adult lesbian romance novel.
A few of the movies in our collection are:
- Milk, the bio-pic about the life and death of Harvey Milk, legendary gay activist and politician.
- TRANS Generation, “four college students switching more than their majors.”
- But I’m a Cheerleader, cult classic comedy about a girl surviving an ex-gay camp and coming to terms with her orientation.