Each year, the Alliance of Queer and Ally Students, in partnership with the LBGT Resource Center, presents the Mosaic Awards to recognize persons, programs, and organizations in the queer and trans community at MSU. This year, the Alliance is soliciting nominations for the following categories:
- Outstanding Leader
- Outstanding Emerging Leader
- Outstanding Advisor
Any university community member and/or student organization advisor may submit a nomination for any of the above categories.
All nominations are due by Wednesday, April 19th at 5 PM.
Following the nomination deadline, all nominations will be reviewed by the selection committee. Nominations will be evaluated according to the specific award criteria established and addressed in the nomination essay/letter. Selections will be made based on the strength of alignment with the criteria as evidenced in the nomination essay and supporting materials. The criteria for each award is outlined below:
Outstanding Leader will be awarded to an individual who has demonstrated…
- Time and service to the MSU LGBTQ+ community, whether through student organizations or other LGBTQ engagement opportunities on campus or in the Lansing community;
- Meaningful, sustained contributions to the LGBTQ+ community;
- Leadership and service over the course of more than one year
Emerging Leader will be awarded to an individual who has demonstrated…
- An ability to become a leader and change agent in the MSU LGBTQ+ community;
- Sustained, positive relationships with others in the LBGTQ+ community;
- Leadership and service over the course of the past year
Outstanding Advisor will be awarded to an advisor who has demonstrated…
- A commitment to helping student organization members to grow as individuals;
- A commitment to supporting the growth and sustainability of the organization(s) for which they advise
Winners will be recognized at the 2017 Lavender Reception and Mosaic Awards.